5 things you should do if you have suffered personal injuries* as a result of an accident at work.

Share on Twitter or Linkedin

Being involved in an accident, especially one where you have sustained personal injuries* can be very stressful. If the accident happened at work it can be very difficult to know what to do, especially if you are worried about the implications it may have on your employment. This is particularly important if you have been employed for less than twelve months. If you’ve been involved in such an accident and you have been injured*, here are some tips about what you should do:


  1. Provided that your injuries* are not of such a serious nature that you are unable to do so, you should immediately report the accident to your employer.
  2. You should take a note of any witnesses to the accident and where possible obtain their contact details.
  3. You should try to ascertain whether the area where the accident occurred is covered by CCTV Footage.
  4. Regardless of whether you believe your injuries* are significant or not, you should contact your medical practitioner.
  5. If you have sustained injuries* in the accident and you want advice, you should consult with a solicitor who specialises in personal injury* and employment law.



For further information in relation to accidents at work or indeed any aspect of personal injury* or employment law, please do not hesitate to contact Hanahoe and Hanahoe solicitors on 045 897784 or at info@hanahoeandhanahoe.com.


This article is merely for information purposes and is not and should not be taken as legal advice. If you have any queries in relation to this or any other aspect of personal injury* or employment law, you should contact us. No solicitor/client relationship or duty of care or liability of any nature exists between you and Hanahoe & Hanahoe solicitors, until you receive written confirmation that we are acting as solicitors on your behalf.



*In contentious business a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.


Share on Twitter or Linkedin