Fatal claims

If someone dies due to the negligence of a third party, the deceased’s dependents can take an action against the third party.


Only one action can be brought against the same third party and it must be brought on behalf of all the deceased dependents. The dependents can make a claim for mental distress arising out of the death. The dependents can also make a claim for pecuniary loss, such as loss of earning or entitlements, which the dependents could have reasonably expected to receive, had the deceased not died.


What information should I bring to my consultation?


Firstly, if you do not have any of the following information, do not be concerned as we will generally be able to source it ourselves.
However, if possible you should bring the following:

1. Details of the date of the accident and the date of death of the deceased.
2. The deceased Death Certificate if available
3. Details of your relationship to the deceased
4 Contact details of any witnesses


For further information please contact Hanahoe and Hanahoe solicitors on 045 897784 / 01 5255637 or at info@hanahoeandhanahoe.com.

*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.