5 things you should do if you have been in an accident in a public place and have sustained personal injuries.*

Share on Twitter or Linkedin

Being involved in an accident, especially one where you have sustained personal injuries*, can be very stressful. If that accident happened in a public place, some people can also find it very embarrassing. A combination of both stress and embarrassment may lead the injured party to act in a way that very often compromises a personal injury* action they may wish to take. If you have been in such an accident and you have sustained personal injuries* you should do the following:


  1. Provided that your  injuries* do not prevent you from doing so, you should immediately report the accident to management or the relevant authorities.
  2. Again provided that your injuries* do not prevent you from doing so, you should photograph the area where the accident occurred. You should particularly photograph any obstructions that caused the accident, such as a broken tile or any spillages. These photos should then be developed and dated.
  3. Again if your injuries allow, you should take a note and contact details of any witnesses to the accident.
  4. Regardless of whether you believe your injuries are significant or not, you should consult your medical practitioner.
  5. If you have sustained injuries* in the accident and you want advice, you should consult with a solicitor who specialises in personal injury* law.



For further information in relation to accidents in public places or indeed any aspect of personal injury* law, please do not hesitate to contact Hanahoe and Hanahoe solicitors on 045 897784 or at info@hanahoeandhanahoe.com.


This article is merely for information purposes and is not and should not be taken as legal advice. If you have any queries in relation to this or any other aspect of personal injury* law, you should contact us. No solicitor/client relationship or duty of care or liability of any nature exists between you and Hanahoe and Hanahoe solicitors, until you receive written confirmation that we are acting as solicitors on your behalf.


*In contentious business a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.

Share on Twitter or Linkedin